Tuesday 11 February 2014

ESO - Pve opinion

Okay, so PvE is alright. It was challenging which is the main thing. I only had time to do one dungeon and after 45 mins of trying to debug the group, we managed to start it. The huge difference in this game that I liked was that the group stuck together until the end.
   The first parts of the dungeon were just like any games dungeons except the bosses did not feel like bosses. They just felt like larger trash mobs.
  The real challenge came from the last boss who had hard mechanics to deal with to a point where you had to "roll" away from some abilities if you wanted to escape. This level of challenge at low level is exactly what is needed to make the higher content even harder and make the players feel like they are progressing.
  Questing is simple enough, but unlike other games, I have to plan my moves on every NPC due to the risk of death or getting overwhelmed. Great for learning combination attacks that your character can learn. The questing was enjoyable. I skipped most of the dialog to stop spoilers however but they seem more story based than "go kill x boars".
  Over all the PvE looks good in the game and I can see improvements that will be made. Looking forward to launch.

Sorry about this post being late, I fell asleep yesterday at 7pm. It's not 5:20am here. This post was the first thing I have done. I will make my PvP post in a few hours. I want to think about what I am going to say because it's going to probably be my biggest post yet. Then after that, i'll do a wrap up of the beta with suggestions and ideas, then we will go back to Skyrim and Oblivion until launch.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment