Sunday 3 October 2010

Yu Gi Oh Online (My review)

Well the game is decent but I am having some problems. The cost to play this game well can be rather expencive and right now, I just cannot afford to be able to spend money on all these cards.

Also, the number of young people playing that say "Loooooooser" "ur g@y" "u suck" "haha i pwnd u", is actually pathetic. There are no features to block duel chat since to be very honest, I understand that there are going to be kids playing this game, but I can't be bothered putting up with their pathetic ways of thinking they are tough.

Overall, the game is ok, I can't make a full opinion on it yet as I am still stuck with the starter deck and the ONLY way to get new cards is to buy them. There is nothing you can do ingame to actually gain cards at ANY pace. In my opinion, you should be able to get at least a few free starter packs or simply be able to earn a new pack every 50 duels or something.

Just something to allow us to see if the game is actually work paying for because right now, I am getting thrashed by players with decks they bought at low level and it's actually quite fustrating when you know you are trying to use a strategy and your opponent wins ONLY because he spams level 4 1800 attack monsers and you just can't keep up.

An example of this is I played a guy this morning, who opened the conversation saying "Fack u, u must suck". Now this guy was the same level as me, yet he had bought a full out GX deck. Literally, he played no magic/trap cards. It was all level 4 monsters with high attack. I couldn't hold off since my cards are not up to that standard. Throughout this entire match, this kid would not stop throwing every insult every time he made a move and it took him long enough since I was using trap cards well and when I actually coutnered one of his moves, he comes out with the following; "Fack you, y u not let me win u jew"

Now this too me is another step down from the entitled causal of WoW but I guess, they are kids but come on.. when I was young, around 13 I played Runescape and I would never have spoken to another player like that.

I'll be doing more on this game on Stevezspot Live! so check that out if you want and i'll hopefully be getting at least 1 starter pack somehow this week to give you a proper review on the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment